Friday, December 23, 2011

Insert clever Christmas blog title here...

Posted by Jennifer at 10:09 AM
I spent the last three days baking - and my brain is fried....or maybe I should say baked! I truly enjoy baking each year, but it's a lot of work! Instead of buying lots of gifts for our friend and family, we give goody plates. This year I made 11 different kinds of treats for our plates. I'll post the recipes on my cooking blog next week. :)

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments on facebook and here on our blog regarding our adoption! We are truly excited that we get to be parents to that adorable little girl! :) We've learned a little more about Emilie, and will take some time after the holidays to blog more about our process and our sweet girl - hopefully by then we will have committed to our second girl as well. Next week, we are tackling the stack of paperwork we have still to do for our homestudy!

A HUGE thank you also to those who have already donated to either our homestudy fund or our Family Support Page. You'll notice both of those buttons off to the right on our blog. We truly appreciate your support. If you happened by my blog last night you might have seen an "ugly" comment left in the comments - there is a very uncreative/unoriginal person who likes to troll the blogs of people either adopting from Reece's Rainbow or advocating for the kids on Reece's Rainbow. We don't take their comments personal in anyway, but on the off chance any of you saw the comment (I deleted it fairly quickly) - I just wanted to briefly address it. (This will be the one and only time I acknowledge this "person" on my blog) I am not "buying my child" - we are paying a ransom for a child who doesn't have the freedom and love of a family. We unfortunately don't have $30,000+ sitting in a bank account - but that doesn't mean we can't afford this. I know very few people that have that kind of money just sitting around. I wish we did - that would make this so much easier, but instead we're trusting God that the funds will come - and so far He has been taking care of us almost exactly to the penny of what we've needed!

All that being said, I have made a slight change to the commenting on my blog - all comments now need to be approved by me before they'll post. Just a heads up, in case you're wondering where your comment is!! :)

Brandon and I wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas! Be safe, have fun and enjoy!!!

But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests." Luke 2: 10 - 14

9 comments:

Kelly on December 23, 2011 at 11:00 AM said...

So sorry you had someone post an ugly comment on your blog. How anyone can find a negative thing to say about people who raise a crazy amount of money to adopt these children is beyond me.

Anyway, I hope by next Christmas Miss Adorable Emilie is in your arms and creating all kinds of excitement around the tree. (Oh the fun of babyproofing begins!)

Merry Christmas.

Kelly Bryson

The Happy Half Dozen on December 23, 2011 at 11:09 AM said...

Any chance your second baby girl is Penelope!?

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

Jennifer on December 23, 2011 at 11:15 AM said...

Penelope is pretty adorable - not who we've inquired about, but she's pretty sweet. That would be an adventure - to bring home those two babies together. :) The other girl we've inquired about is a little older.

The Happy Half Dozen on December 23, 2011 at 11:20 AM said...

Don't mind me and my pestering but this may have to turn into 20 questions! Have you committed to her yet (is she on MFFM?)??? Abigail!?

Jennifer on December 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM said...

She's not on the MFFM page yet - still waiting to hear back on whether we can commit to her as well. :) Soon, I hope we can announce it! ;)

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

I just started following your blog from RR and am looking forward to your journey. I can't wait to see who the other little girl is --- you are such an inspiration to adopt two little ones.

Sue

my family on December 27, 2011 at 10:21 AM said...

I am so happy to see miss e has a family, she is just a doll....cant wait to see who the other love may be....ummm does it have to be a girl? Bogdan and Benji would be a great addition too :)haha Gotta push "my" boys too, ya know?

Jennifer on December 27, 2011 at 10:28 AM said...

It doesn't have to be a girl - but because of the layout of our house....and my husband's need for an office at home, we'll need them to share a room, so that's part of why we are bringing home two girls. Although two boys would have been fine too. :) We both just felt like Emilie was who we needed to inquire about - and our other sweetie is in the same region. :) Will hopefully be announcing who she is soon!

Angela on December 30, 2011 at 10:01 AM said...

I am excited to follow your journey to parenthood. These girls will be the perfect addition. :)

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos