Friday, May 25, 2012

Find My Family Friday - Featuring Ekaterina & Nathan

Posted by Jennifer at 2:09 PM
Before I write my Find My Family post, I just want to say a HUGE thank you to all who helped us receive the matching donation this week!  We met our goal of $500 in just 7 hours!! WOW!!  Our FSP has jumped from $935 on Wednesday to $2335 today!!!  Which means....(pending flight costs going up!) we are FULLY FUNDED for trip one!!! :)  THANK YOU!!!!

Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled Find My Family Friday post!!  Today, I am going to move away from our girls' region and feature two kiddos in another region.  This is a different region in the same country our girls are in.

Today, I'm shouting out for Ekaterina and Nathan.  Both of these children were born in 2004.  They are 8 years old!  They were both chubby, beautiful babies - and have now been transferred.  These pictures will show you the effects of being transferred on these children.

Here is a picture of Nathan as a baby.

Here is the most recent photo of Nathan:
Nathan has down syndrome and he is a communicative little boy.  I look into those sad eyes, and I see a little boy who is pleading for his mama.  I can only imagine the smiles this boy could give, can you help give him something to smile about??

Ekaterina was a beautiful little baby girl.  There has been some concern about Ekaterina recently, as she disappeared from the listings of available children.  So many feared the worst for this sweet girl.



But just this week, Ekaterina was re-listed as available for adoption!  And she is in desperate need of a family!!

THIS is what mal-treatment  and malnutrition looks like.  These sweet girl, SO full of potential, has been sentenced to a life of nothing in a mental institution.  Why? Because she too has down syndrome.  This could be the fate of our girls.

Neither Nathan or Ekaterina have grant funds started yet with Reece's Rainbow.  But if a family was interested in adopting either of them, they would be able to contact the agency that works in this region, and get more info in order to set that up.

Please pray for these children, pray that their families will find them. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe how these children are treated. It makes me sick there are places where humans treat little kids like this. My 14 month old has so much potential and shows us new things she's learned daily! Ugh!!! I have room but lack the funds for one of these kiddos. It seems like a monumental task trying to fundraise and jump through all the hoops. Jenifer you are an amazing woman and I can't wait to meet your kiddos.

JC on May 26, 2012 at 8:47 AM said...

Breaks my heart seeing pictures like this where you can just see the child wasting away...

Excited that you guys are fully funded now, that's awesome :)

Jennifer on May 26, 2012 at 9:03 AM said...

These pictures break my heart too - and I know so many don't even want to look at them, but it's happening, this is really happening - and something's gotta give! :)

We're excited to have trip one funded too!! :) What a relief that is!! Wish the whole she-bang was funded, but that will come! God has been giving us what we need precisely when we need it, each step of this process - so we just continue to trust in Him!! :) Can't wait to meet our girls and be able to show 'em off to everyone!

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos