Sunday, June 17, 2012

Approved!!

Posted by Jennifer at 4:19 PM
What a week this last one was! Wednesday was my last day of school - potentially ever!  I'm officially on summer vacation, but I'm also officially a stay-at-home mom!  Now to just get those kiddos home!!  It was a bittersweet end to the school year, I have known for several months that I wouldn't be coming back to school in the fall, but always figured that I'd be able to stop by the school and visit "my kids" (I taught at a VERY small private school, for those that don't know) and introduce the kids at school to our kids once they're home, and eventually our girls could go to school there.  But unfortunately, the school had to make the sad decision to close the doors of the elementary school program (the preschool program will continue) as of this week.  So all "my kids" will be at different schools in the fall!  I'm sad about that - I know they will all do amazing at their new schools, and as one special boy told me "The greatest news is I get to go out and make disciples!!" - they'll be fine, it'll just take a little extra work to keep in touch! :)

Anyway, Wednesday was the last day of school, and Thursday & Friday we worked at cleaning out classrooms.  I am OFFICIALLY on break now! Woo hoo!!!  Looking forward to a little bit of rest! :)

Things have been fairly quiet on our adoption front, just waiting on the official word for travel dates.  We have an idea of when we'll travel (per our agency), but haven't been given the official "go ahead and buy your tickets" yet - so we're just being patient! :)  I'm starting to gather up donations to take to the orphanages and easy to pack toys to take for during our visits with the girls - which is pretty fun! :) 

The biggest news we have right now, is that yesterday in the mail we received our I-171H from USCIS.  What is that?  Well, it's our "Notice of Favorable Determination Concerning Application For Advance Processing of Orphan Petition".  Still scratching your head?  It's our approval from the US immigration services, that we are a suitable household for intercountry adoption of two children! :)  Woo hoo!!  This is a big, important step - and I'm very thankful we've gotten the "golden ticket"! 



1 comments:

my family on June 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM said...

praise God, moving forward....enjoy your "break" and the newest step into SAHM world

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos