Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 7 - Second to last day....

Posted by Jennifer at 3:46 AM
I'm tired today.  The emotions and pace of the week have caught up to me, and I'm feeling it this evening!  Today was not as easy as the past days have been.  Again, nothing terrible - just not as easy.  And as wonderful as this apartment is, I miss my bed. :)  I'm enjoying being here, I'm learning to love Russia - but if I could bring my own bed next time, that'd be great! :) 

We started our day today with visiting Emily.  When we got there, we were told that she wasn't feeling well, because she's teething - her 13th tooth!!!  (I had wondered if she was since she had a runny nose and was drooling lots the last 2 days)  She was running a little fever, and you could just tell she wasn't feeling 100%. So we had only one hour with her today.  She is the happiest teething baby I have ever met!  We still got some good play time, and giggles and smiles.  She was more clingy today, and was much more content to just sit and play with us, instead of crawling all over today.  She got VERY sleepy, and I was worried that they would take her away early if she fell asleep, but they told us we would be able to keep her with us, even if she fell asleep. So this mama took advantage of that and rocked her baby to sleep.  Felt so good to be able to give her mama's comfort when she wasn't feeling well!!






















After our visit with Emily, we went to the notary, where we signed our official intent to adopt the girls.  They have an entire office of notaries here, it's serious business. :)  We went to lunch after that and then had a couple of hours before we were picked up to visit Abigail.

Our visit with Abigail was probably the most difficult visit we've had yet.  She had woken up cranky from her nap, and was just not really interested in what we had for her today.  I think had we been able to take her outside, it would have been great - she was just not really interested in playing with toys.  She was however interested in my water bottle! :) She drank the entire thing, poured it into a cup (very well, I might add!), and paid more attention to herself in the mirror with the water bottle than to us. :)  I think we've discovered with her, that she wants to be like me. She loves my camera and today, my water bottle.  She wants to be a little adult - so we'll be bringing her her own things like that on our next trip.  Her own camera, her own water bottle, so she can be just like mama.  She took my glasses and put them on today as well.  We had some good moments with her, I bounced her for awhile, and she loved that.  One of the caregivers came in, and showed us how they dance with her, and she jumped, twirled, climbed, with the caregiver.  She didn't want to do that with us, but we'll try tomorrow.  When it was time to go, they wanted her to walk us out.  So, she walked downstairs and out the door with us.  All the way to the gate.  And then we had to tell her good-bye.  She did NOT like that one bit. She grabbed our hands to keep going - she was ready to head through that gate for good.  That just about did me in, I didn't let the tears fall until I was in the car, but watching her get upset as the caregivers had to take her from me, was torture. Oh friends, please be praying for all of us tomorrow!!  Help us to know how to explain to the girls how much we love them, and how we'll be back as soon as we can!!







































We had no idea what to expect on this first trip, what kind of bond would begin to form with the girls.  But I can tell you know, the love we feel for these two precious girls is strong and it's fierce. And it pains us to know that we have to tell them "paka" soon.  We can't get back here soon enough! 

One more visit with each girl tomorrow - pray that they are good visits, that we will have the strength we need, the words to say - and the girls understand. 

6 comments:

Sadie said...

I have been praying for strength and peace for you to leave them. I could not imagine having to do that and it makes ME sad that you do! Lol. Soon they'll be home for good! They are adorable . I have been showing Madi the pics and she thinks they are so cute and told me maybe sometime we can play together. ;) Hang in there!! -Sadie

The Idaho Neumanns on July 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM said...

Rocking your baby to sleep, that memory has got to be the best souvenir ever! I pray that someday soon they will both fall asleep in your arms!

Unknown on July 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM said...

they are both sooo beautiful..praying that you have the strength you need and that has to be sooo hard <3 xxxx

crystalkupper on July 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM said...

How much longer until you go back?

Joanna on July 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM said...

We're praying for all four of you. You're a beautiful family, and even the pictures show that your hearts are speaking. Trust that, it's where God lives. :)

Joanna on July 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM said...

We're praying for the four of you. You are a beautiful family and even the pictures show that your hearts are speaking. Trust that, it's where God lives. :)

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos