Friday, October 19, 2012

Almost ready for take off....

Posted by Jennifer at 9:38 AM
I apologize for being a slacker when it comes to the blog!!  We have been SO busy the past couple of weeks trying to get everything ready for our upcoming court trip, I've been keeping people updated via facebook, but the blog has been neglected!!! 

We are now 3 days away from leaving!!!  And 6 days from seeing our girls again!!!  And 11 days from court!!  Holy moly!!  It's really happening!

We have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off the past few weeks trying to get everything we needed to done.  We went to San Francisco a couple of weekends ago in order to complete our face to face training requirement.  The training we received was EXCELLENT!  Seriously, I think every parent, adoptive or not, should go through a training like this.  We had a great time and learned a lot of very helpful and valuable information, tips and tools - which will ultimately help us be the best parents for our girls as we can be!  Once we got home, we had to take an exam in order to get our certifications for this training.  That was a bit of a scramble, trying to get registered with the organization hosting the exam, and in turn get our certifications in time to get them apostilled to carry with us. 

But...as of yesterday about 10:30 a.m. we have everything in our possession, notarized and apostilled!  Hallelujah!! 

So now, we're trying to cross things off our to-do list like crazy, get packed and ready to go! I can't believe it's time for us to go back and see our girls and have court!!  Pray for us - I'm nervous and anxious - and want nothing more than to be able to express myself eloquently to the judge, to explain our love for the girls and our desire to be their parents, to share how loved they are already by our friends and family and community, to show what an awesome life they have ahead, full of promise and hope....but I'm terrified my nerves and emotions will get the best of me and I'll stumble over my words and not make any sense at all!!!  :) 

I will do my best to blog while we're there again, we so appreciate the supportive comments and feedback we received the last time, so I will try hard to keep you all updated! :) 

Alrighty....time to get back to my massive to-do list!!!! 

Can you believe there's only....

4 comments:

crystalkupper on October 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM said...

You'll do great! Remember, the Holy Spirit will give you the right words, it says so in the Bible. You're good to go. :-)

Shannon on October 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM said...

Eeeek! So happy for you! I'll be praying for you and looking forward to your updates :)

JC on October 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM said...

I can't believe it's finally here, you guys have busted your butts the past few weeks getting everything done! I am so excited for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

You got a really useful blog. I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos