Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Re-fillable "squeeze pouches" for kids...

Posted by Jennifer at 10:28 AM
Since posting last night I have had several questions/comments about the re-fillable "squeeze pouches" I bought for the girls.  I bought mine at Walmart, but have found several versions online as well - I actually think I'll order a few more! :) 

These are what I bought at Walmart:
It was $7.50 for the two pack.  Dasha likes them just fine, but Emily gets frustrated because the lid is attached - so it ends up whacking her in the face.  The spout part is fine for her, but the lid makes her mad. :) 

I am planning ordering these online however.  They are more less the same thing, but the lid is removable (and you can order replacements if you lose one!) - so I think they will work a little better for Emily.  They are about the same price as the Walmart ones, but right now there is a 20% discount if you use this code: SWEETHEARTDEAL20  I also love that their website has TONS of recipes for different purees you can make!!  I will let you know how we like these once they show up! :)


So far for the girls I've made spinach, blueberries and applesauce (using store bought applesauce as the base) and carrots (steamed), mango and applesauce.  I have some kale, zucchini, and butternut squash in the fridge to use this week.  I've also been making them lots of smoothies using plain greek yogurt, a banana, some fruit and a TON of spinach!  They ate those for breakfast this morning  and both had two huge helpings! :) 

Hope this helps!!!!

4 comments:

The Idaho Neumanns on February 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM said...

Thank you! Look at you, first time mom to 2 toddlers and you are teaching this mom of 4 new tricks! Way to go!

Tiffany on February 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM said...

We just got the green pouches in the mail yesterday. We were using sili squeeze pouches but you have to bite and suck on them which was difficult for my 2yo. The green ones are more like the disposable ones which she is used to. Hoping they work well for us.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!! Just ordered some of these because I have spent a small fortune on the pre-filled disposable ones at the store. Can't wait to try these!!

Nikasha said...

Thanks!!

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos