Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy World Down Syndrome Day!!!

Posted by Jennifer at 11:20 AM
Happy World Down Syndrome Day from Dasha and Emily!!!! 






I realize our journey to have children with Down syndrome is a little different than most, but our lives are SO blessed because of Down syndrome!! If it wasn't for their extra chromosome, these girls wouldn't be our daughters today and they would still be existing in Russian orphanages. To be honest, most days I forget about the fact that they even have Down syndrome. They're just Dasha and Emily.  I have to thank all of our friends and family for loving our girls as Dasha and Emily. Not as little girls with Down syndrome - just as silly, sassy, sometimes naughty, cute as can be little girls. We couldn't love them more and we so appreciate how much you all love them as well! :)

The words of the song "For Good" from the musical "Wicked" are so fitting for our lives with our girls....

"I've heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason. Bringing something we must learn. And we are led to those who help us most to grow. If we let them and we help them in return. Well, I don't know if I believe that's true, but I know I'm who I am today, because I knew you... Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes the sun. Like a stream that meets a boulder, halfway through the wood. Who can say if I've been changed for the better? Because I knew you I have been changed for good."

Thank you Dasha and Emily for changing our lives for good! We couldn't imagine our lives with out you!!!!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So glad you posted this-- I thought of your girls first thing this morning :)

I just can't get over how GOOD they look! Emily looks so chubby and she's just BEAMING, and Dasha looks so grown-up! You are doing an awesome job, mama!

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos