Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

Posted by Jennifer at 10:40 AM
So, I'm not so much into New Year's resolutions, but I do have a few goals for 2009, and one of those goals is to blog more. I used to do a really good job at blogging, but the last few years I've been a slacker! So, here we go....first post of the new year! And I have no idea what to talk about! Go figure! I guess I could give a little recap of the past year...

Brandon and I got engaged in March, as documented in my last blog post! Neither of us wanted a long engagement (we'd already been together for 2 1/2 years!) so we quickly set a wedding date of Sunday, September 7, 2008. The next few months were a whirlwind of wedding plans, showers, bachelorette/bachelor parties...times 2! Yes, times 2 - because Brandon's sister, Katie was getting married too!! She and Josh got married in July. (right after I turned 30 - oh yeah, another milestone of this past year!) The summer was pretty crazy, but we all came out alive! :)

Brandon and I were married on a beautiful HOT afternoon. At the Mission Mill in Salem, OR. Everything turned exactly how we wanted it to - and it was a wonderful day! Here are a few pictures from that day:



We haven't received our professional pictures yet, and I actually have about a gazillion other pictures, but we'll save both of those for another post!! :)

After the wedding, we headed to Northern California for an awesome RELAXING honeymoon! We drank a lot of wine (as we were in WINE COUNTRY!) and just had a wonderful time. It's definitely a place we will go back and visit again.

On our honeymoon at Sterling Vineyards in Calistoga...
When we got back, we both headed back to work and got busy settling into our new place. We love our new apartment! It's a townhouse, in the SW hills in Eugene. It's quiet, we get deer and wild turkeys wandering through the neighborhood - and there's lots of green space, evern at our complex! And my favorite (and the cat's!)....we have a gas fireplace! I love it! :)

The most recent news for us, is my change of jobs. I had been at Kindercare for 2 years, and the time had come for me to leave! There was a multitude of reasons (which I won't go into right now - but feel free to ask!) why I needed to leave. I applied for a Preschool position at a small Christian school, and was hired almost immediately! lol I started teaching at Willow Creek Academy (http://www.kidslovewillowcreek.com) the first week of December, and I absolutely LOVE it! The staff and families there are wonderful - I have a super sweet little class. We get to share Jesus with the kids every day, and being in that environment is such a blessing. The school is less than a mile from our house and is about a 15 minute walk, which is great exercise! I knew when I went for my interview that this was an amazing place, and had a feeling that it is exactly where God wants me to be! I am so happy! (of course I've been on Christmas break for the past 2 weeks - I've hardly worked! So ask me again in a few weeks! just kidding!!)

So...things are pretty great for the Willis' - we are very much looking forward to 2009, to see what kind of blessings it will bring! Stay tuned for more exciting blog posts from me....I'm sure you can't wait!

1 comments:

Unknown on December 21, 2009 at 3:44 PM said...

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your sweet story at Smithellaneous. I loved it.

I also enjoyed seeing your wedding pictures and reading your story. Here's wishing you both many happy years to come1

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos