Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wow, it's been awhile...

Posted by Jennifer at 3:25 PM
So, it's been over a year since I last wrote on this blog. WAY too long! Not too terribly much has changed in our lives over the last year, we're still happy, working at the same jobs, living in the same place. Brandon started taking drum lessons a few months ago, which he's loving of course! :) We're teaching Sunday school at our church, and having a blast with that! I'm co-leading a Daisy Girl Scout troop as well - which is tons of fun! Brandon has been volunteering for Habitat for Humanity on a committee to help open a ReStore here in town. It's just about to open, which is really exciting! :)

The main thing going on for us these days, is that we've really been feeling the Call to serve. We both feel more strongly than ever that God is calling us to go and serve. We don't know how, where or any of the details, but this is an overwhelming factor in our lives right now! Our church is planning a trip to Haiti this summer, and we are planning to go. Be on the lookout for more details to come on that - fundraising, etc. We don't have much information yet, because the borders are currently closed to volunteers - so we're looking at 4 to 6 months before we can go. In addition to this God has just been really making us more and more aware of social justice issues around the world, and right here in our own community! And if we had OUR way about it, we'd be able to do it all and help out with everything. But God has a plan, and we're just trusting that He'll make that evident to us over the next months/years. We feel like 2010 is going to be a big year for us - just not sure in what ways!

I know I often say this - but I really DO plan on becoming a better blogger. I've been feeling the urge to blog again, I used to do it a lot (on livejournal). So here I go...ready, set BLOG! :)

1 comments:

The Gwyn family on February 22, 2010 at 7:53 AM said...

Amen sister, I am so glad that I have a sister and brother in Eugene that are going to be doing some great things this year! I am so proud...Are there any thoughts of a baby in the future!? Well I am looking forward to swapping some recipes with you and maybe starting a little paperback cookbook. I already have 7 pages done! Take care and Have a great day!

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos