Monday, April 26, 2010

Hmm...what to blog about?!?

Posted by Jennifer at 6:16 PM
I always think to myself...I should write a blog today. But then, I think some more and start wonder if I really have anything blog-worthy to write about!?!? I mean really, my life isn't all that exciting? I don't have kids, so I don't have cute stories to tell you about my kids - although I could blog about the cute things the kids in my class do, I suppose. I don't live somewhere glamorous, where we go out on the town and see famous people, and do super exciting things. I live in Eugene. I think the most famous person I've seen lately is the guy from the Baby Face Towing commericals! I do have a lot of thoughts - and I suppose I could share those with my blog readers - but I'm not even really sure I have blog readers!

So, let's see....what's new in my life?!?!

The last time I blogged was during Spring Break - right at the end of break we headed up to Seattle. That was a lot of fun. We had a wedding to go to, and made a little mini-vacation out of it - stayed with my sister and really had a great time! After we got back, it was right back into the crazy swing of things. Easter, teaching Sunday school, etc. etc. My school auction was a little over a week ago, which was fun/crazy/stressful/exhausting. It went pretty well, I'm definitely glad it's over for the year!

I recently started running again. It's been a LOOOOOONG time since I went running seriously. Probably since high school really. I would run off and on during college, but not regularly. But a co-worker convinced me to go with her - and I'm actually enjoying it. I can't go too far yet - and I still alternate walking and running. But I'm getting better! Brandon and I have been able to go a couple of times together too, on the weekends. And it's really nice to have something we can do together to stay in shape! I even went today, by myself! How's that for motivation?!?!? :)

God has definitely been doing some work in Brandon and my lives lately. I know I've shared before about our feeling the call to service - but not really knowing what that looks like yet. Well, on our trip to Seattle, we read the most incredible book. It's called the "Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Clairborne Has anyone else read it? I would LOVE to hear from you if you have. Seriously, this book is life changing. And mind blowing. Wow. It's all about living your life free from religion, and getting down to the roots of what Jesus was really about. And not only that, but to also take a look at your life - and try to live it according to what Jesus was really about. To take risks, to sell everything you own and give the money to the poor, to leave everything behind and FOLLOW Jesus. Now, we're not selling everything at this point - but it really makes you think about - what would that look like? The Disciples did it - and they didn't even know who Jesus was!! We've got 2000 years of knowledge and exposure on them! Why is it so hard? So, now - in 2010 - how can we really follow Him? How can we live our lives to be a true reflection of Jesus to those around us? I'd love to hear your thoughts....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I would love to read the book. It makes you think about what we work so hard for, is it material gratification or to share the love of Jesus with others? Amazing thought provoking stuff. Good blog, Jennifer--keep it up (and the running). You inspire me!
-Kara

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer on April 26, 2010 at 9:42 PM said...

Kara - It's a fantastic book! I'll lend it to you! :) I just got another one, called "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan - a lot of similar ideas, but in a different demographic - and I'm really excited to read it!

Thanks for your thoughts - we don't get much time to talk about this kind of stuff! We should sit down and have a conversation one of those days! :)

Justyn & Courtney on April 28, 2010 at 8:34 PM said...

That book totally changed how I see the word. Try Blue Like Jazz too. Another excellent read.

Jennifer on April 28, 2010 at 8:56 PM said...

Courtney,
Blue Like Jazz is on my list to read too! Have you read Crazy Love? I just started it - it's awesome so far! I just love getting back to the roots of our faith - and putting aside the religion, and the stuff.

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos