Thursday, July 22, 2010

What would you like to see??

Posted by Jennifer at 10:53 AM
Wow, it's been a couple of months since I last blogged. It's been a fun summer so far - I'm really enjoying having this summer "off" - even though I've managed to keep myself really busy!! :)

The summer started off with a staff "ladies weekend" in Sunriver - which was awesome!! Then, Brandon and I headed off for a week at Camp Magruder! That was great - it'd been a few years since I'd done a camp, and it was really good to be back. I deaned a 3rd-5th grade camp, and Brandon was a counselor for a boys cabin (he had 5 rowdy 8 and 9 year olds!!) We had great weather and just SO much fun that week!
We spent the 4th with some great friends, and had fun just hanging out with them. July 5th was my 32nd birthday - wow! How am I 32?!?!? We had a fun day hiking at Kentucky Falls out by Mapleton - SO beautiful!! We'll definitely head back there for some more hiking!! I've been doing some baby-sitting, some music lessons and some tutoring - which is also keeping me plenty busy! :)Last week was VBS at my church - and WOW what a week!! We had approx. 150 kids - ages 4 - 11 - and it was really incredible to see God at work in those kids! It really was a fantastic week! I was the worship leader for the week, and had a lot of fun singing with the kids (3 hours of singing EVERY day! yikes! my voice is still recovering!) - but also just had a wonderful time, sitting down and talking with the kids, sharing God's Word with them, and praying with and for them! Our missions project for the week was Operation Christmas Child (http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/) and I was SO proud of how the kids responded! They raised $480 - and also brought in enough supplies for probably about 100 boxes already!! WOW!!!!! The class that raised the most money, got to throw a pie in our VBS director's face - and I upped the deal a little and said if everyone beat the goal ($300) they could throw a pie in my face as well - and then our pastor got in on the deal too....so Friday ended with the three of us - getting pies thrown in our faces by 34 4th and 5th graders! Oh my goodness - what a mess!! My nose smelled like sour milk/whipped cream for two days! NASTY!!! After the pie fight - we had a big water balloon fight! We tried to retaliate on the kids, but I think they still won!! :)




So anyway - that's a recap of what's been happening so far this summer...but what I really want to know, for those of you who actually read this blog - what would you like to see?? Do you want me to keep blogging like I have been? About life and what God has been showing us/teaching us? Do you want me to blog about my cooking adventures? Share recipes?? Do you want me to never blog again? :) I'd love to hear what you'd like to read....maybe you want me to do all of those things?!? Let me know!!!!

2 comments:

Myya on July 22, 2010 at 9:43 PM said...

I love all your posts, I think you have a fun about you that just shines through your words & makes anything enjoyable to read. :)

Jennifer on July 23, 2010 at 1:59 PM said...

Thanks Myya! :) I like blogging randomly - but have been thinking about trying to "focus" a little more - but I just don't know. Guess I'll just keep on going! :) Not that I blog all that often, I should probably do it more.

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos