Monday, January 3, 2011

Week 1 of my food challenge

Posted by Jennifer at 5:34 PM
Well, it's the last day of my break (BOO HOO!!!) - tomorrow I head back to work. I'm looking forward to seeing my students, but not looking forward to giving up sleeping in and lounging around! :) Oh well - that's life! It'll be good to be back on a good schedule for eating/cooking AND sleeping!!

So - here we are, facing the first week of my eat only from the pantry/freezer challenge. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read my previous entry) I will purchase absolute necessities, and fresh veggies/fruit, dairy products as we need them. So, I just jotted down a quick meal plan for this week. Here' s what it looks like:

Monday (tonight) - Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. (I have girl scouts tonight, so we're eating later than usual, so something nice and easy! Plus it's COLD outside, so soup sounds nice!!)

Tuesday - Breakfast sandwiches (with eggs, sausage patties and homemade biscuits) and applesauce. (homemade, in the freezer)

Wednesday - Chicken and Rice Bake, Broccoli

Thursday - Roasted Garlic Potato Corn Chowder and Corn Bread (we received the soup mix as a gift!)

Friday - Mandarin Pork Chops, Wild Rice mix, baby carrots

Saturday - Roast Turkey Breast, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy and salad

Sunday - Meatloaf, baked potatoes and salad (or broccoli)

My grocery shopping list:

Bread
Milk
Potatoes
Salad
Baby Carrots
Broccoli

Not too bad!! :) I'm going to pick up a few loaves of bread to throw in the freezer (since we are totally out) We both take our lunch every day to work, so having bread on hand is a necessity. We like to eat leftovers, but not all meals have leftovers (like breakfast sandwiches), so I have to have sandwich makings on hand! :)

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Shana on January 3, 2011 at 9:58 PM said...

I am eager to hear how this goes for you. I am not ready to try this yet but I am totally interested in maybe someday trying it. Good luck!

Denise Dilley on January 22, 2011 at 9:10 PM said...

What an interesting challenge! I don't have quite that much stuff stocked, but I'm thinking about joining you in the challenge. Good luck!

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos