Monday, March 14, 2011

2 Week Meal Plan

Posted by Jennifer at 5:57 PM

So, my cooking has been off and on lately, because we've been pretty busy and I haven't been really great about putting together a meal plan. Well, I was getting a little tired of that! So, I sat down yesterday and did a 2 week meal plan. Dinners (which means lunch too - since Brandon and I both take leftovers for lunch) for the next two weeks, plus several "extras". Next week is Spring Break, and I am itching to do some baking - so I planned a bunch of recipes to bake too! Several of these (actually MOST) are new recipes - so I'll share as I go along, and give you a verdict about what we think! :)

Here's the plan:

Sunday: Salsa Chicken with Black Beans and Rice (actually ended up being take and bake pizza from Walmart, because the grocery store took FOREVER last night, and it was already going on 8:00 when we got home, and I hadn't even thawed the chicken! I'll slide it in another place, since nothing was prepped!)

Monday: Asian Steak Wraps
Tuesday: Taco Salad
Wednesday: leftovers or sandwiches (Brandon has martial arts, and doesn't get home til late, so I don't really cook typically!)
Thursday: Irish Beef Stew with Dumplings (My favorite for St. Patrick's Day! I don't like corned beef and cabbage - so I usually do this or Shepherd's Pie)
Friday: Beef Barley Lentil Soup
Saturday: Italian Sausage Sandwiches
Sunday: Chicken Bruschetta
Monday: We'll be out of town (Spring Break)
Tuesday: We might still be out of town - if we aren't, I'll do something like grilled cheese and tomato soup
Wednesday: Chicken BLT Wraps with Garlic Aioli
Thursday: Tex-Mex Beef Barbecue Sandwiches
Friday: Grilled chicken, veggie and baked potatoes
Saturday: Pita Pizzas (with chicken, marinara, fresh mozarella and fresh basil)
Sunday: Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Thai Peanut Sauce
Monday: Chicken Pockets

Extras: (Baking!!)
Chocolate Guinness Cake (To take Thursday to Life Group)
Yogurt Coffee Cake Muffins
Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
Sugar N Spice Muffins
Light and Lemony Poppy Seed Loaf
Buttermilk Cinnamon Bread

I'll post recipes as we go - and I'll try to take a picture, at least of the finished product! Who knows....maybe I'll end up a food blogger! :) I'm linking this up to "I'm an Organizing Junkie" for "Meal Plan Monday". It's my first time doing this, so hopefully it will all work out!!!

1 comments:

Myya on March 16, 2011 at 1:20 AM said...

I can't wait for the recipe for the Chicken Kabobs w/ Thai Peanut Sauce. mmmm, those sound sooo yummy!

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos