Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Update on my 2 week meal plan...

Posted by Jennifer at 6:40 PM
Last week was Spring Break - Brandon took the week off too and we had a really nice vacation! (I'll blog about that soon!!) I didn't do as much cooking as I'd thought I would - but that's ok, because now we're back to work - and I still have all the ingredients for the meals I haven't fixed yet! This week's grocery shopping trip consisted of buying: yogurt, apples, bananas, chips, eggs and coffee. Not too bad!!!! :) So....I'll be posting recipes for the things I already fixed here shortly - but wanted to give you an update of what the next week or so's dinners will be:

Tonight - Tex-Mex Beef Barbecue Sandwiches
Wednesday - Chicken Pockets
Thursday - Pita Pizzas (with chicken, marinara, fresh mozarella and fresh basil on whole wheat pitas)
Friday - Chicken BLT Wraps with Garlic Aioli
Saturday - Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Thai Peanut Sauce
Sunday - Grilled marinated chicken, broccoli and rice

After that I'll have to put together another plan. I have to admit, I really liked having two full weeks planned out and shopped for. We've spent very little time or money at the grocery store over the last 2 1/2 weeks which is great! I think my new plan is to do at least a 2 week meal plan each time, and we might have to make a small trip to the grocery store to pick up perishables (produce, dairy) - but that's no biggie. I only have 10 more weeks of school, and then I'll be off for the summer. We started being really aware last summer of how we could live more frugally, since we only have one income during the summer - and by planning out two weeks (or more!) at a time - my trips to grocery store are a LOT less frequent, and we have a LOT less impulse buys, as well as a lot less evenings of "oh, let's just order pizza...or grab something on our way....". We have the food, no reason not to eat it! :)

So we'll see how I do with this....I have a calendar in the kitchen just for meal planning. That way I can look back at it and see when we ate something last. Then I don't repeat things too often, or if I try a new recipe and we really don't like it (or REALLY love it!), I can make note of that on the calendar! I'll keep you all (all 3 of my readers, ha ha!!) posted on how it goes!!

2 comments:

Myya on April 2, 2011 at 12:03 AM said...

I'm still wanting the recipe for the chicken kabobs & peanut thai sauce.... ohhh that is sounding sooo yummy!

Jennifer on April 2, 2011 at 9:35 AM said...

I think I will fix it tonight - so I will post it soon! :)

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos