Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Adoptive Family Blog Hop!

Posted by Jennifer at 8:59 AM
If you look on the right side bar of my blog and scroll down aways you'll find my blog roll. It's definitely gotten longer since we have started on our adoption journey. I am SO grateful for the friends I've made and the advice I've gleaned from others who are either in the process of adopting or have already gone through an adoption (or two or three!). I honestly can't imagine trying to keep my sanity without these folks!! They know exactly what I'm stressing about, worried about, frustrated about, etc. etc.... Now don't get me wrong, we have WONDERFUL support from our friends and family - and we couldn't do this without them as well - but sometimes it's nice to be able to vent your frustrations or worries without having to explain exactly what it is your talking about!! Adoption has it's own vocabulary list....I think that might be a blog post for another day! :)

So, today I thought I would do something a little different and fun. I'm hosting an adoptive family blog hop!! I've never done this before - but thought it might be a fun way for folks to get their stories "out there" a little. I've found that sometimes our blogs stay in a little "bubble" of readers - which is fine, but it's also nice to be able to get the word out about adoption and perhaps help another family who doesn't have a community of support around them, or encourage someone to start the adoption process!! :) Some of these families are currently traveling, some have just gotten home, some are in the beginning stages of adopting, and others might need to bring awareness to their fundraising efforts. Each journey is unique and I find them all fascinating! I love learning about the different countries and traditions families include now - and how adoption is different around the world!!

Here's how this is going to work! If you are an adoptive family (either currently in process or adopted in the past) feel free to link up using the link tool. (I'm using inlinkz) It'd be awesome if you'd grab the inlinkz tool and post it on your own blog as well - that way we can reach the most readers possible!! You don't need to be adopting through Reece's Rainbow to join in - so if you know another adoptive family, encourage them to link up too!! (Just adoptive families please - no advocates in this blog hop - I'll have another one another time for advocates!!)

For those new to blog hops...here's a little blog hop etiquette for you:

Visit AND comment on other blogs. If you found a new blog through a Blog Hop, make sure you leave a comment and let the blogger know how you found them.

Read one of their posts.
Leave a relevant comment on their post and mention how you found them.
Follow their blog through Google Friend Connect, Google+, or other blog following tools.

Make sure to add the link tool to your own blog! You can grab the code right here: get the InLinkz code This code allows you to create your own post that will have an exact copy of the original inlinkz list. Each time someone joins the Blog Hop, no matter which blog they join from, everyone’s inlinkz is automatically updated and shows the complete list of participating blogs.

Have fun!!



8 comments:

Carla on March 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM said...

I joined but am a little confused as to where I post the code on my blog. Is it done in the sidebar or as part of one of my posts? (I tried it as part of my post and it came up as an error.) Sorry for being so technologically challenged!! :o)

http://bringinghomealittledude.blogspot.com/

Jennifer on March 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM said...

Hi Carla,
I'm so glad you joined up!! :) I put the code in my post and it worked fine - however I had to switch to the "html" view when writing the post. You could put it in the side bar too - that'd be fine! Not sure I'm much help!!!

Michelle on March 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM said...

I've added the code to my sidebar. Now I need to reread your post about what I am supposed to do next lol I think I'm supposed to start blog hopping or something :)

www.FindingRdaughter.blogspot.com

BTW I had been waiting to see someone commit to Abigail. What a doll baby!

Karly on March 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM said...

when we put the link in our post will it also show the people here linked on yours? (thats the point right?) lol plus the blog hopping ourselves... what a great idea!

Kelly on March 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM said...

We joined but I don't see our link on your page. Did I do something wrong?

http://extra-chromosomes.blogspot.com

Heather on March 28, 2012 at 2:01 PM said...

What a wonderful idea! I can't join (yet) as I am hopefully a future adoption mama, but I am excited to visit the different blogs!

Blessings!

jennylynnlsu on March 29, 2012 at 11:37 AM said...

Yay! What a wonderful opportunity, Jennifer. Thank you! I look forward to looking at some of these blogs after my babies are in bed.

Lynda on April 11, 2012 at 8:35 AM said...

I'm not tech savvy, can you help? I'd love to Blog hop! That is a fabulous idea!! :)

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos