Monday, March 26, 2012

Five....Five Dollar....Five Dollar Puzzle Pieces!

Posted by Jennifer at 3:21 PM
Admit it, you're singing the Subway jingle now aren't you?

So now that you've got that song running through your head. I want you to think for a minute about just what you can buy for $5 these days....

  • Obviously a $5 foot-long sandwich at Subway.
  • Hot & Ready Pizza from Little Caesar's.
  • Just over 1 gallon of gas!! (price in Eugene, OR is just over $4/gallon)
  • A gallon of milk
  • 2 loaves of bread
  • A McDonald's value meal (not super-sized)
  • Starbucks Venti latte, mocha or frappuccino
  • 5 tacos at Taco Bell
  • 2 songs on iTunes
  • 5 packs of gum

Or for just $5 you can help save the lives of TWO orphans!!

We are still selling puzzle pieces in our Piece of the Puzzle fundraiser! It's a really easy way you can help our girls out!! For each $5 donation, we will write your name on the back of a puzzle pieces. When the puzzle is complete, we will frame it in double sided glass and it will hang in our girls' room, as a visual reminder of everyone who helped bring them home!! It's SUPER easy! Donate to the ChipIn on the right sidebar, or click this link. (donations are not tax-deductible)

Would you be willing to give up Starbucks once this week? Or a few tacos or burgers? We have been overwhelmed by the love and support we have received so far in our adoption journey. We can't wait until our girls are home in our arms and we can tell them the story of how people helped bring them home!!

How can you resist these adorable little faces???


3 comments:

Kelly on March 26, 2012 at 6:16 PM said...

You got a new picture of Emilie! Precious!

New Beginnings... on March 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM said...

awww a new pic! She is soooo cute! Such bright, happy eyes...now I have the Subway jingle stuck in my head. Finally can buy a puzzle piece and hopefully more after next pay period.hope the tiny bit helps. As I said on FB, I can't wait for the day until we hear your sweeties have be scooped up by you guys for their new lives...it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. It my dream to adopt a special needs child someday, but its one of those things that I know will remain a dream because I am not in any situation for that, and have enough trouble caring for myself and what I have already... and lord knows I doubt he will bring a husband or enough positives in place for that to become possible but I will dream through friends and family who are able =)

Line-Marie on March 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM said...

Ha ha I am also stuck with the Subway jingle now!! We have this commercial in French here(I'm in Québec, Canada) and I think it's even catchier!!

I love the new picture of your girl, she's got such beautiful eyes.

It's funny because as I was reading the previous comment you received on this post, I felt the exact same way this person did. I also would love to adopt a child with special needs but being still single and not having much support from my family, I always wonder if that is even possible. How I wish!! So I also dream through you guys, follow your stories, pray for you and your children and hope that I can write my own story one day :)

Thanks for sharing your journey with us !!

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos