Monday, August 9, 2010

Savings galore!!

Posted by Jennifer at 10:00 AM
So this summer, I've started the exciting adventure of couponing! :) Since, I'm not working this summer, I knew that I needed to be even more conscious of the money we would be spending on food and household goods. A really good friend and I have become quite the crazy coupon ladies!! :) Because we eat so much from scratch/whole foods and I enjoy trying to be creative with the meals that we eat - I don't do a lot of stockpiling on food items for us - but just being aware of the coupons that are out there - and matching them with the store sales to get the most "bang for our buck" - is really helping! And household/personal items are definitely things I can stock up on! So...here are a few pictures of some of my savings this summer!! :)
10 boxes of cereal (1 Cocoa Puffs, 1 Golden Grahams, 2 Cheerios, 2 Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, 2 Honey Nut Cheerios, 2 Kashi Honey Sunshine) and 2 boxes of Nature Valley Granola bars....Grand Total: $6.21. That's right folks...$0.52 a BOX!!!!! (This was in early July - at Safeway and Walmart)
This was this weekend at RiteAid. (My new favorite store!!) 3 50 oz. bottles of Tide 2x detergent, 2 Edge shaving cream, 3 12 oz. Herbal Essence Shampoo, 3 12 oz. Herbal Essence Conditioner, 1 Gillette Fusion Razor with 2 cartridges. Total reg price - $74.48. MY total (after sale prices, coupons, +UP Rewards and Single Check Rebate)......$17.94. ($56.54 savings!)


Decent savings at Target.....

2 Tampax Pearl 20 count, 2 Always 16 count, 2 pack Old Spice Red Zone Deodorant, Schick Quattro Disposable 3 pack, and 7 Super Sticky Post It Notes.

Total Reg. Price - $30.64. My total (after coupons) $14.64. ALL the post-its were completely FREE!!!

It's fun to try and save as much as I can - kind of has become a game/challenge for me!! :) I stumbled on a 50% off sale (off everything) at a really nice consignment shop here in town where I was able to pick up a couple of really nice shirts and a brand new pair of super cute Privo by Clarks shoes for a total of $17. Great back to school stuff for me! (The shoes are reg. price about $75 at REI)

We are really trying to be good stewards of the money God has blessed us with. Are you living frugally? How do you save money for your family? I'd love to hear! :)

2 comments:

Myya on August 10, 2010 at 9:04 PM said...

Yay you! How awesome are your savings!! I coupon but not near as much as I would like to. Hate to say it but most of the time I am last minute & just rush to get whatever I need. What great savings, I really need to be more aware of what I could be keeping in my pocket!

Jennifer on August 10, 2010 at 10:54 PM said...

It's really not too hard - once you get a system down. I have a giant binder full of coupons and watch all the ads. But what really helps is I follow a couple of different coupon blogs - and they lay out all the super great scenarios for you. So like starting tomorrow there's an AWESOME deal on General Mills cereal and snacks at Safeway - and one of the blogs has it all laid out for me. So, I know exactly which coupons to use, and exactly what boxes of what to buy. Makes it a LOT easier!!

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos