Friday, October 8, 2010

It's been awhile...

Posted by Jennifer at 8:06 AM
Ooops, I have been neglecting my blog!! Eeek!!! It's been a busy couple of months transitioning back into school and all the other things that start up again with school starting! We are pretty busy these days - which is good! :) Keeps us out of trouble, right??

School is off to a pretty good start. I have a great class this year - 15 Kindergarten and 1st graders. 10 boys and 5 girls! It's rowdy in my class! :) The past couple of weeks have been a little difficult, as the class has been struggling with excessive talking - and just aren't getting the hang of not talking over me all day long. I've had to "crack down" on that behavior - which makes me feel like a big bad teacher, but I know that in the long run, it'll make the school year MUCH more enjoyable!! We're learning about the "Fall" right now - and there are so many fun things to explore this time of year! Our theme for this coming week is apples - and we'll be making applesauce and a lot of other fun things! :)

My bargain hunting/frugal living/couponing continues - although I'm so well stocked right now (expecially on things like laundry detergent and razors!!) - that I haven't been doing nearly as much as I was over the summer. It's a nice feeling though - that when I go grocery shopping, I just have to buy fresh things, like dairy products and produce - and a few other random items, typically. We also purchased 1/2 a beef with some friends and my parents - so that's an exciting new adventure for us as well!! :) I have started a coupon club with my friend at church. We've only had one meeting so far, but it was fun, and we have some new "recruits" out of it!! We'd love to have local friends join us. We've also started a group on facebook called "Deal Divas" - join us there too!!!

Today, I have the day off - and we're looking forward to heading to the coast for a night! It will be nice to get away for a few, and just enjoy God's creation at the coast!!! :)

0 comments:

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos