Thursday, March 15, 2012

Countdown to World Down Syndrome Day - Part 3

Posted by Jennifer at 10:07 AM
Countdown to World Down Syndrome Day.... I know, I know, I missed a few days!! We went to the coast over the weekend and I just haven't gotten back on track!! :) But, it's time to get back on track now!! :)
Over the past week you may have read the news story of the Oregon couple who sued their doctor in a wrongful birth suit. (Yes, you read that right...wrongful birth) They sued because they had prenatal testing done, and the test didn't show down syndrome - but their daughter (now 4) was born with Mosaic Down Syndrome. In order to have a wrongful birth suit - they had to say IN COURT - that had they known their daughter would be born with down syndrome, they would have terminated the pregnancy. They had to testify, that they didn't want their child. And they won. Almost $3 million. This whole thing makes me ill. I don't care if you're pro-life or pro-choice - it still makes me ill - that their daughter will someday hear we didn't want you, we would have gotten rid of you if we could have.
ANYWAY....please read my friend Deanna's blog from today. She addresses this very thing and does an amazing job at it. Oh and a bonus - you get to see the extreme cuteness that is her daughter Addison. :)


4 comments:

Jessica on March 15, 2012 at 1:49 PM said...

I keep wondering if they would just send her down the highway a bit and let one of us adopt her. You know? They could even keep that filthy money!

Jennifer on March 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM said...

I know, right?? I'll take her! :)

JC on March 15, 2012 at 7:00 PM said...

Ug, I cannot believe they won! And at what price? What good is all that money when the only message they sent was...We wish our daughter had never been born...Pretty sad. And yes, Deanna did an amazing job on her post, it was so beautiful!

Michelle on March 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM said...

thanks so much for your comment on my blog! Congrats to you on your upcoming adoptions ... how very exciting! Praying all goes smoothly and you will have those adorable girls home soon!

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos