Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Kelly!!!!

Posted by Jennifer at 8:39 AM
Happy birthday Kelly? You might be wondering who on earth Kelly is....

Well, a few weeks ago I mentioned that one of the greatest joys of this adoption journey, has been the amazing friendships I've been able to make, with people who are also adopting - or have adopted - many from the same country (and even the same city!) as our girls. One of those friends is Kelly.

I am SO thankful for my friendship with Kelly, she is an amazing woman, with a HUGE heart, and has listened I don't know how many times as I've vented in frustration or tears, has rejoiced with me over victories and new photos and I think we've determined that we're actually long lost twins. Kelly and her husband adopted Charlotte, who has been home with her family for just about a month now.




Kelly's birthday is on Sunday - and I'm "borrowing" from her blog today, hoping you'll help out with her very special birthday wish!

While visiting Charlotte on their trips, Kelly & Kyle had the opportunity to meet the other children in Charlotte's groupa. And after that visit, Kelly wrote about all those children, here. Since writing that post two of the children she wrote about, Diane & Vitaliy have had families commit to bringing them home!! ALL the children with special needs in Charlotte's groupa have families coming for them, except one. Here is what Kelly wants you to know about Kacey....

Reposted with permission from Love Brings You Home. (formerly Chasing Charlotte)



She begins her daily walk toward me, uneven and slightly
halting, as soon as she sees the groupa room door open.

Before long, her arms are wrapped around my leg and she is
looking up at me.

She doesn’t make a sound. She doesn’t have to.
Her piercing blue eyes speak volumes.

When is someone coming for me? Can someone love me, just as I am?

And then I wake, brokenhearted all over again.



At some point at the end of that first trip, Kacey stopped
asking me if I was her mama. Maybe
it was hearing me respond “nyet” each time she asked. Maybe one of her caregivers explained. Maybe she just knew. She simply resigned herself to being
left behind—again.

On the second and third trips, Kacey would simply hug my leg
and stare up at me. I will never
know what Kacey was asking for in those silent moments—but I will never forget
how her body relaxed and melted into me when I would reach down and stroke her fine blonde hair.

She deserves love all the time, not just when families are
passing through her groupa room.

She deserves comfort from a family while she recovers from
surgeries for her Apert Syndrome.

She deserves acceptance and opportunity and a family to help
her blossom.

Think about it.

Is she your daughter?

If you think she might be, please contact Reece’s Rainbow.

If adopting is not something you can do right now, please
share this blog post and her picture.


Please help me show Kacey that she isn’t forgotten—and that
there is someone, somewhere dreaming of making her their daughter.

Share the love.



So my wonderful friends - will you help Kelly's birthday wish come true? Will you help Kacey's fund grow? Adoption isn't for everyone, but EVERY child deserves the love of a family, and with your help we might be able to help find Kacey a family. Often the cost is what is standing in the way of a family saying YES this is OUR daughter! We can help bring that cost down. Every donation to Reece's Rainbow is 100% tax deductible. Please share this story, share Kacey's page - donate a few dollars and pray for Kacey's family!!

Happy birthday Kelly - thank you for all you've done for me, and for SO many families. Thank you for sharing your heart with each of us.


0 comments:

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos