Thursday, December 6, 2012

Mama's feeling a little stir crazy - day 5 (I think!?!?)

Posted by Jennifer at 10:42 PM
So, this week has consisted of me being in the small apartment (one bedroom, kitchen and bathroom) with the girls and Brandon going and running around doing a bunch of stuff to finalize everything so we can leave with the girls.  It's currently -7F outside (at 2 p.m.) and last night I saw that it was down to about -16.  So in order to go outside I have to bundle myself and both girls up, haul them down 7 stories in an elevator and the stroller doesn't fit through any of the doorways, so I have to carry Emily and the stroller and hold onto Dasha - so we've been staying inside.  We're tired of being in our little box.  :)  But Brandon should be done with almost everything as of tonight, there's just one errand we have to do tomorrow - and I might get to go do that one instead!  Hallelujah!! :)

Yesterday (Thursday) the girls and I hung out around the apartment playing, enjoying bath time (Dasha), eating (both girls), helping mommy sweep, and using both of us as a jungle gym.








Dasha is really starting to enjoy several different apps on the iPad.  She spent quite awhile with it.





She's starting to pick up more signs as we show them to her as well. Here she is signing horse.
























We have made some friends here in Krasnoyarsk, and they came over for dinner last night.  The girls got really wound up/overstimulated - but enjoyed dinner. :)

Dasha eating her first spaghetti...
I think she liked it!
After our company left, the girls were wound up and didn't want to go to bed. It actually took Dasha until almost 11 pm to finally fall asleep. (she's really tired today!!)  But as she was avoiding going to bed (smart kid!) she decided she wanted to snuggle with her little sister.  So she laid out the pillows and blankets on the floor, and motioned to us to lay Emily down and then she tucked her in and laid down next to her. SO sweet.  Dasha has also started giving Emily kisses. Emily loves to "tattle" on Dasha when she does something she doesn't like - and loves to copy her big sister. It's really neat to watch not only their own little personalities coming out and developing more and more - but their relationship as sisters growing as well. :)   I sure love my girls!!





3 comments:

Unknown on December 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM said...

I love it. Your updates make my day. Also, I love how they are bonding as sisters.

Elizabeth said...

They are already thriving! I'm so glad to see them doing so well. They look happy, and healthy, and so active and inquisitive, just like children should be!

N and IE snuggle in my bed together just about every day. It is so sweet! I love that your girls do it, too.

crystalkupper on December 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM said...

I would go stir-crazy too! I remember in Idaho when it was sub-zero, I would STILL go running with my infant all bundled up in the running stroller. People told me I was crazy.....but getting out of the house kept me sane!

 

We're what WILLIS was talking about... Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos